S.E.H Kelly - British countries

It is good you got one VAT refund at least. Respect to that company.

The SS21 collection, such as it is (we don’t really « do » collections, per se) is coming along ahead of schedule, and for the first year in many I don’t seem to have anyone at any factory to moan to or beg to or shout at. It’s great.

We are currently finishing off a new version of the flight jacket in weatherproof cotton (it has a detachable collar, and a peculiar raglan-like saddle shoulder, such as you tend normally to see only on knitwear).

We’ve also made a relatively large number of new shirts, in cotton, silk-linen, linen oxford, and linen suiting. Some have the granddad (i.e. no) collar, and some have the standard collar or new spread collar.

We are also building on our efforts to expand our range of spring-suitable mid-layers. The popover shirt is coming back in linen suiting next month, and we’ve just finished a new version of our smock (which debuted last year with a two-button henley neck, but this time will be a full pullover with side pockets, more in the style of hard-wearing coastal smocks). We might even have time to develop a « sleep shirt » this spring, which I have had in mind for quite some time – or it might slip back to autumn, depending on various schedules.

And new knitwear is currently being sampled! More of the same super-soft cotton as previous years, and the usual knitted styles we offer this time of year being honed and tweaked and returning in all the colours we like best.

And there’s a new car coat in work. It is part tielocken, part peacoat, and part its own thing (and in homage to the car coats favoured by used car salesmen in the south of England circa 1975.)

13 « J'aime »