S.E.H Kelly - British countries

Petite fitpic de la veste après retouche où j’ai un peu fitté le biceps, c’était beaucoup trop large pour ma morpho :

La matière est vraiment très cool, et les petits détails au top !

11 « J'aime »

J’adore !

1 « J'aime »

Petit texture shot du bonnet et balmacaan SEH!

31 « J'aime »

The good news is that, despite Brexit, determined French people are still making their way to London.

See, I was photographing some trousers at 8:45 this morning, outside the workshop, only to be interrupted by a Frenchman who, while exceedingly polite and gracious in the expected manner, chastised me at surprising length for failing to post on THIS FORUM.

So here I am!

I am back.

I promise I’ll make more of an effort.

Happy now, Grégory?

35 « J'aime »

It’s always a delight to read you @sehkelly-paul, thank you for your message that, I think, made my day. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 « J'aime »

Hello Paul,

Happy to see this topic coming back to the top of the pile.
Just a quick question (and sorry, you might have already provided the answer). Does your delivery costs include all the costs for an import to France? (Duty costs, taxes and so on).

I love your brand so much and I have been tempted so many times to order but this is always complicated when you don’t have a full price known. For instance, I ordered a smock jacket on the Oi Polloi website in February and DHL asked for more than 80 EUR for an order of 200 EUR. Finally, I had to cancel the order.

Thanks for your help.

Si je peux me permettre , j’ai commandé une piece à 160 livres environs il y a quelques mois et j’ai seulement payé 6 ou 8 euros de frais de douanes .

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I thought I might be chastised for my absence!

Shipping is free of charge, but alas duties and taxes and handling fees (DHL) must be borne by the customer. There’s really no way around it. We can always quote the costs up front, so the customer can make the decision, and there are of course no hard feelings. I had the same situation with jeans purchased directly a popular Parisian denim brand, and now I buy them from a UK supplier instead.

Maybe one day we will join an economic union with our closest trading partners — who knows?

The only good news (apart from the free shipping, is that exchanges — e.g. if you send back a shirt for another size, and I send out a new one — are exempt from further duties.

I wish I could do more!

4 « J'aime »

Good to hear / C’est une symphonie à mes oreilles.

6 « J'aime »

Too kind. Cheers! Thank you.

1 « J'aime »

Never ever. But we are always glad to see you here !

Regarding duties/tax/shipping, I hope you will one day find a retailer/shippment facility here that could help you to send directly in France/Europe. (If you believe that it’s economically sustainable and compatible with your vision, especially in terms of available stock that is produced.)
Even if it’s a bit pricier, if it give us a good confidence on the final price.

1 « J'aime »

That’s true.

I can’t argue with that!

The challenge we have with wholesale is price. We work with some stores in Japan, where a jacket that costs £500 on our website is £1,100 in stores in Japan (e.g. S.E.H KELLY - ARCH ONLINE SHOP). It wouldn’t be much different in France.

We believe in setting a fair price and giving customers a good deal — which is somewhat rich, I know, when we sell coats that cost £800, which are prices at which my father would find ridiculous. However, the cost of doing business in London, and using materials made by good mills and suppliers in Britain, put us at a disadvantage in this respect.

It’s a challenge one we’ve been able to overcome in a satisfactory manner — either commercially or ethically.

I’d rather cut out the middle man and give consumers the best possible price, without hundreds of pounds of someone’s hard-earned fashion budget going to « retail markup ».

4 « J'aime »

There is no problem for me regarding the prices. You set them to have a sustanaible margin, an ethical manufacturing and sourcing a good quality and beautiful designs.

Good design costs, as well as a strong quality.

I think these prices are not a problem for the other members of the forum.

You just give us a good idea of how much we would pay if they were retailers in Europe (with it’s own margin), and for that thank you !

1 « J'aime »

Cheers.

I find retail very strange!

Even now, knowing quite well what a shirt or jacket costs to make, I feel myself easily suckered / seduced into desiring items that are hundreds of percent higher in price than the cost of the materials on the balance sheet.

Anyway, with my own ethical quandaries to one side, at least by selling direct to consumers I can meet them and tell / bore them about the brand first-hand.

2 « J'aime »

Très intéressant ce que tu écris là. Je suis vraiment surpris.

Pour ma part, j’avais acheté en solde une smock jacket de Kestin sur Oi Poppoi à 185,90EUR (165,95 EUR pour la veste et 19,95 EUR pour la livraison). Et par dessus, DHL me réclamait 78,50 EUR. Il fallait payer en ligne pour déclencher la livraison. Et je suis sûr et certain que ce n’était pas un mail de phishing ou une arnaque.
Par contre, si tu achètes sur le site de Kestin, tous les frais sont inclus ; c’est Kestin qui paye DHL. L’acheteur final n’a pas à ajouter 1 EUR.

Mais c’est vrai qu’au final, c’est contraignant.

1 « J'aime »

Paul, just to dig a bit deeper on this.
When you say that « you can quote the costs up front », is is directly on your website when you order a product or should we send you an e-mail with the order that we want to make and you can tell us what would be the total costs with DHL?
Thanks

2 « J'aime »

Beh je sais pas trop , c’est assez obscur ces histoires de taxe mais sur oi polloi je crois qu’ils assassinent systematiquement , j’avais acheté sur un autre shop anglais et je m’etais fait defoncer de taxes aussi (que j’avais refusé de payer du coup ) .

I can quote the costs of any shipment, yes, if you email me before, during, or after placing an order. We’re entirely flexible, and all orders hit my inbox, so nothing moves through a system without me checking it every step of the way.

We’re also utterly flexible, so if you prefer Royal Mail or DPD or any other shipping company, that’s fine by me.

Some customers prefer to pay the duties while the shipment is in transit, rather than post delivery, and we can arrange that, too. Or even before dispatch, if that’s preferable. Whatever is best for the customer is best for me. Over the past two years I’ve learned a lot about international shipping and its manifold red tapes. Right now, though, it is crazy that it is much easier to ship to New York or Tokyo than to Paris. I hope it changes and reverts to something more sensible given our proximity and shared history.

Some e-shops build the duties and taxes into the retail price, and then pay the shipper directly, so the customer doesn’t need to think any further about it. It has its benefits, but also its downsides, and when Brexit kicked in, we decided to keep it simple and stick with what (I think) the majority of retailers do.

2 « J'aime »

I thought that products made in England with british materials were taxfree when shipped to UE.
Have i misunterstood this mess?

Nop.

Si la TVA est payée au UK, elle n’est pas payée ici. Mais elle doit être payée quelque part. C’est le cas chez SEH (prix TVA incluse).

Et taxes d’import bah y’en a forcément. On est hors UE.