S.E.H Kelly - British countries

And a minor ?^^

1 « J'aime »

Afraid not, sorry, no — neither the parka major or minor will reappear any time soon. Perhaps after the summer next year, but we’ve really no firm plans on that front.

We do have another weatherproof and hooded jacket in work, however, which will likely be known as the fishing jacket, and will appear hopefully at the end of the year, or early into the next one. It’ll be shorter than either of the two parkas, but will serve a similar sort of purpose. We are currently developing it, and making samples, and it is all going in the right direction.

3 « J'aime »

Yes je l’ai en S pour mon 38 habituel et c’est relax. Parfait pour ce type de manteau.

2 « J'aime »

Hello Paul, do you plan on restocking the corduroy trucker jacket? If I recall correctly they arrived early September last year.

1 « J'aime »

I am glad you asked!

They will be cut next week, all being well, and will be made during the second half of October.

5 « J'aime »

Pour info, je viens de recevoir un mail de Paul, les truckers sont réassorties. Exit le vert, mais nouvelle couleur marron (que j’ai commandée).

Pour info quelques changements par-rapport à l’an dernier:

"Hi there Guillaume

The collar is the main difference. It is slightly smaller and has a different outline.

The main changes were to the construction. We reduced the bulkiness, so there are fewer sections of the jacket were multiple layers of corduroy intersect – thus reducing thicknesses and thus improving the appearance of the jacket by making it look less lumpy.

Regards

Paul"

4 « J'aime »

Thanks very much for the generous custom!

We spent a lot of time revising the trucker jacket earlier in the year.

In hindsight it would have been more efficient to knock it all down and start again, but we took the (at the outset seemingly easier) « take out every piece and polish it and tweak it and put it neatly back again » technique of redevelopment — which in the fullness of time proved rather laborious.

We basically got back to where we started, but I’m very happy with the gains we made, as it now slots together in a more streamlined fashion.

It’s actually quite a complicated jacket to make, as the front-right alone comprises 7 or 8 separate pieces of cloth (and the front-left is the same but ever so slightly, and thus at times very confusingly, different).

11 « J'aime »

Hi Paul,

I’m not a customer of the brand but I really love that you take the time to comment here !
We see the dedication and the care and that’s great

13 « J'aime »

Cheers!

I spend a lot of the day working solo so this is like therapy (please don’t bill me).

16 « J'aime »

Paul, I love the design of the trucker, and I love the corduroy, but I’m put away by one detail: no buttons on the front pockets. Could you elaborate why? I’m afraid the pockets may end up gaping uglily…

Glad you like the look of it. Cheers.

Do you mean the chest pockets or the main warmer pockets?

If the former — we seldom put buttons on flaps unless the flap is prone to flapping around (e.g. if the pocket is vertical or upside-facing).

And if the latter, then there’s no risk of them opening up or gaping unduly. The pockets are tucked well within the pleat, and the entire area around the pocket, front and back, is thick and multi-layered (and not to mention the cloth is very sturdy and thick)

I meant the chest pockets. Thank you for your answers!

1 « J'aime »

Understood.

We have great confidence in the making of our flaps and their obedience over time. They are put carefully into the seam, both sides are pressed before being sewn together, the underside is a thinner cloth which means less bulk and thus they don’t jut out or bulge, and they are of course pressed again when the jacket is being finished. They will look much the same in five years, five months, five weeks — maybe curling up at the edges as the years pass as might, say, the collar (or indeed the wearer themselves).

2 « J'aime »

I think @urbancitizen has the former model in green corduroy, he may testify about the sturdiness of the flaps. I prefer the new collar, and I love the brass buttons. I may be slowly falling in love with this jacket :grin:

Cheers.

The brass buttons are replica of our horn buttons: literally an army of shiny metal soldiers modelled from a single horn mother.

1 « J'aime »

Je me demande si la martingale n’est pas gênante si on porte souvent un sac à dos

Do you mean if you had a backpack on at the same time as the jacket, and then the backpack somehow got caught under the belt, or tangled up with it, if the backpack had e.g. loose straps or other fittings, and this happened on a repeated basis?

Yes something like that

1 « J'aime »

I can see how that would be a problem if it happened.

I guess the backpack — some element of it, like an adjuster strap or belt on its underside — would either have to be tied up or tightened, or the actual height of the backpack would have to be adjusted via the shoulder straps (of the backpack) if that was possible.

The other option would be to remove the belt at the back (quite an easy job) or tighten it in a way where it was flush to the body of the jacket — so there was no gap between belt and jacket, I mean — which seems fairly feasible. Indeed, that’s hopefully how the belt would sit anyway, once it had been properly adjusted: it isn’t meant to dangle much if at all, although that is of course preference of the wearer.

I think the situation can be overcome, the more I think about it, either with one or two both of the above suggestions. I dare say there are other solutions, too, that I haven’t thought about. Indeed, the scenario hadn’t occurred to me before, to be honest. A comparable situation is the belt on a pair of trousers, or built-in side-adjusters or rear cinch (like on vintage jeans) and a satchel or other travel bag or camera bag. I carry one of these (a camera bag) most days, and it’s never got caught up in my belt or trouser side-adjusters. But that’s just my lived experience, of course!

4 « J'aime »

Thanks for this elaborated answer

1 « J'aime »